Pedro Pereira is a Director and part of Bank of America LatAm IBK team, responsible for the firm´s Pan- Regional Technology coverage. Prior to undertaking this responsibility, Pedro was responsible for the coverage of the Airlines, Oil & Gas and Technology sectors within the Brazil IBK team.
Before joining the IBK team, Pedro was responsible for the firm’s Debt Capital Markets and HY origination efforts in Brazil. Mr. Pereira joined BofAML in 2011 and was originally based in New York within the firm’s Latin America Capital Markets division. After 3 years in New York, Mr.Pereira moved to Brazil, where he has been based since.
Over the course of his career, Pedro has advised clients in over $50bn worth of equity & debt capital markets fundraising and m&a advisory.
Pedro has worked in over 100 transactions over the last decade at Bank of America. The most relevant transactions are:
- 2013: Global Coordinator on a U$11bn Bond offering for Petrobras, the largest EM bond deal at the time
- 2016: Advisor to Usiminas in its U$2bn debt restructuring
- 2017: Advisor to GOL Airlines in its U$650m capital structure liability management
- 2018: Advisory to Petrobras in the US$370mm sale of the Pargo field to Perenco
- 2019: Advisory to Petrobras in the US$1.3bn sale of the Tartaruga field to Petronas
- 2019: Lead-Left Advisor to GOL Airlines in the U$425m Convertible issuance, the first ever out of Brazil
- 2020: Advisor to BNDES & Global Coordinator in a US$5.2bn equity follow-on offering of Petrobras shares
Pedro holds a BS in Economics and a BA in Sociology from Cornell University.